Brick, Chandler Hall

brick_chandler.JPG

Title

Brick, Chandler Hall

Subject

Bricks

Description

Red, rectangular brick (1). Salvaged from the demolition of Chandler Hall in 2013. This building was built in 1928 to establish an on-campus facility wherein teacher training could be conducted. The "Campus Training School" was renamed Chandler Hall in 1938 to honor President Algernon Bertrand Chandler, Jr. (1919-28) for his efforts that led to the buildings construction. A new Student Center will replace the Chandler building in 2015.

Date

1928

Format

1 JPEG

Original Format

Brick

Physical Dimensions

Length: 8 inches
Width: 4 inches
Depth: 2.5 inches

Provenance

Alumni Office

Accession Date

2013

Materials

Brick